Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The making of a house

Labor by love with your own hands
Build me a house with strong pillars
Lay down the tiles of endless love
In a manner well built and tough
Mount the walls and ascend them high
Low and modest beneath the sky
Leave one room unmarked by paint
Color and class duly absent
Leave me a space for some patience
A room to use for the bad times
Build a vast one for some kindness
It will help me as an entrance
Create one window for each room
That will battle against the gloom
I will use it to compromise
If not to see the morning sunrise
Build me a boundary as a fortress
One that implies dignity and grace
Unmovable with hate and need
Unshakable by fruitless greed
Set a dwelling complete with life
Labor with love deep from the heart
Labor by love with your own hands

No comments: